Nothing feels better than kicking it back on your couch and relaxing after a long day’s work. But besides providing comfort to your home, couches are a stylish addition to your space, improving the aesthetics of your space. Because of its many functions, your trusty couch can sustain more wear and tear than you think.
Seeing as couches are versatile pieces of furniture, you and your family may do many activities on it that could ruin its appearance. Not to mention, couches can also house dust, dirt, and even your body oils.
With that being said, it’s crucial that you deep clean your couch to bring it back to its former glory. Although you can do this on your own, hiring upholstery cleaning services is better to ensure that every bend and fold of your couch is addressed. Not to mention, professionals have the right tools to do a proper cleaning that can make your couch look and smell good as new!
But if you’re curious about how you can deep clean your couch’s upholstery, keep reading. Below are some tips and tricks that may be helpful for your couch cleaning day:
How Do I Clean My Couch?
Ideally, you want to clean and maintain your couch weekly to prevent long-term damage, such as stains and regular wear and tear. But you’d be surprised that many homeowners don’t know how to do quick couch maintenance — if you’re one of them, here’s what you should do:
- Use a dry brush to loosen up any pieces of dirt, debris, and loose fabric on your couch. This can prevent unwanted thread pulls and holes in your couch’s upholstery;
- With a vacuum on its lowest setting, use it to remove the foreign matter that you could brush off with the dry brush. This can help extract even the most stubborn debris from your upholstery’s fibers;
- After that, you’ll want to switch or flip your cushions to reduce the look of being worn down;
How Do I Deep Clean My Couch?
As mentioned earlier, working with a reputable upholstery cleaning service is more than ideal when it comes to deep cleaning your couch. But if you’re curious to know how a deep clean happens, here are the steps professionals take:
- Cleaning services will test your fabric to see which products will work best to remove grime and dirt in your upholstery. But most of the time, baking soda works best;
- After testing, cleaning experts will brush your couch to brush away foreign matter that is stuck in your upholstery’s fibers;
- Once debris and dirt are eliminated or are on the surface, they’ll then sprinkle baking soda and let it soak in your upholstery for 20 to 30 minutes;
- After that, they’ll vacuum the baking soda using a brush attachment to extract the baking soda or mixture they used;
- Finally, they’ll target stubborn stains and use a solution approved for your furniture’s fabric type to blot away the stains.
The Bottom Line: Leave Upholstery Cleaning With the Hands of Professionals
Although it may be tempting to DIY and clean your own couch upholstery, you may end up damaging or worsening present wear and tear. For this reason, it’s a much better idea to get upholstery cleaning services to ensure that your couch is well taken care of, allowing you and your family to enjoy the comfort it provides.
How Can Complete Carpet and Tile Cleaning Help Me?
We can indeed manage cleaning the items in our own homes, but we don’t know the tips and tricks that professionals are aware of that will help your furniture, floors and entire home sparkle and shine. So if you’re thinking of giving your home some tender love and care it deserves, consider giving it a deep clean.
If you’re looking for upholstery cleaning services or carpet cleaning in Fresno, CA and surrounding areas give Complete Carpet and Tile Cleaning a call — they can help you with all your cleaning woes. Want a cleaner home? Reach out to us today!